Another set from him came in the mail the other day and included a note saying how much he liked the particular set and that one of the pieces was maybe his favorite of all time. So I figured I'd use a numbering stamp that wasn't used as often and I busted out this vintage numbering stamp I had laying around. And why it isn't used as often is because it's clunky and the ink is usually botched and it advances incorrectly. But it's really cool.
I didn't want to ruin the set and did a few test stamps to make sure it printed properly and then had at it. I'm glad they turned out at least okay. They're not as legible as the modern rubber stamps are but they have a whole lot more soul and are fitting for this really nice set.
I've included a scan of the note as well as some of the test stamps and a photo of the set as they were being numbered.