With this idea in mind I took a ton of photos of the whole process from start to finish and this particular set was the one I was working on. I think in many ways this distracted me and it kind of caused me to overthink and then overwork a lot of the pieces in the set. Still, they are all okay. I don't hate them or anything. I just know I tried too hard and for a lot of them it really shows. On the other hand, I really like how a few of these turned out. I really, really like them. And that's one of the truly amazing things about this project. The results are usually really nice. Or, at least, it's pretty difficult to just fail entirely. Something good will invariably come out of it.
UPDATE: The series of photos from this set are posted here.