I decided to do something different and I used a jar of school paste to generate some texture. I colored the white paste with brown acrylic paint and just sort of added it around in areas. The results are fantastic and these look really nice. It took a day or so for the glue to even dry completely and I ended up grabbing these pieces and using them in the show without ever scanning them first. I sold some of them before I remembered I hadn't scanned them all.
I pulled the rest and kept them aside and I just now had time to scan them. Some additional overview and detail photos of this set as it was being completed are also included.